THE HOME INSPECTION - WHATS INCLUDED?
- Roof Coverings, Flashing, and Chimney
- Our home inspector will thoroughly inspect the roof coverings and flashing to ensure that they are in good condition and free from damage. We'll also inspect the chimney to check for any signs of deterioration or damage.
- Grading & Drainage
- We'll evaluate the grading around the property to ensure that water is properly directed away from the foundation. We'll also check the drainage systems to ensure that they are functioning properly.
- Foundations & Basements
- Our inspector will evaluate the foundation and basement for any signs of cracking, settling, or water intrusion. We'll also check for proper ventilation and insulation.
- Decks, Steps, Porches, and Railings
- We'll inspect all exterior structures, including decks, steps, porches, and railings, to ensure that they are safe and secure.
- Attic Structure: Ventilation, Wiring & Insulation
- Our inspector will evaluate the attic structure, including the ventilation, wiring, and insulation, to ensure that it is properly installed and functioning as intended.
- Walls: Exterior & Interior
- We'll inspect the exterior and interior walls for any signs of damage, deterioration, or water intrusion.
- Ceilings & Floors
- Our inspector will evaluate the ceilings and floors for any signs of damage, sagging, or other issues.
- Heating & Cooling(HVAC)
- We'll inspect the heating and cooling systems to ensure that they are properly installed and functioning as intended. This includes checking the furnace/boiler, air conditioner, and ductwork.
- Plumbing: Drains, Waste, Vents, Fixtures, and Supply
- Our inspectors will evaluate the plumbing systems, including the drains, waste, vents, fixtures, and supply lines, to ensure that they are properly installed and functioning as intended.
- We'll inspect the electrical systems to ensure that they are properly installed and functioning as intended. This includes checking the electrical panel, outlets, switches, and wiring.
- We'll test major appliances, such as the stove, dishwasher, and refrigerator, to ensure that they are in good working condition.
- We'll inspect any detached garages or outbuildings on the property to ensure that they are structurally sound and in good condition.
OUR HOME INSPECTIONS ARE VERY DETAILED AND THOROUGH
A TYPICAL HOME INSPECTION LASTS ABOUT 3 HOURS
Services We Offer:
Listing inspections are very good for the homeowner. Many sales are cancelled due to the buyer’s shock of the unforeseen condition of the home. It may look great, but have serious technical, safety, or functional issues present without the owner’s knowledge. Having the home inspected prior to placing on the market is the ideal way to identify and either repair or disclose the issues found in the inspection report. Also, providing prospective buyers with an inspection report could be a huge selling point as the buyers will not have to have the home inspected.
Having a home inspected prior to purchasing the home is a must. You would not want to buy the home and find out after the fact that there are several things wrong that will require hundreds or thousands of dollars to fix and repair. A home inspection is also a bargaining tool: if there are major things wrong you can negotiate the price of the home or to have the items repaired prior to closing on the home.
To help home buyers who may choose to forego a full home inspection we offer a "Quick Look" Walk Through Home Consultation. A "Quick Look" Walk Through Home Consultation is not a home inspection. This is a consultation where I walk through the interior and exterior of the home with the potential home buyer to share my observations, insights, and concerns as well as answer some of your questions about the home.
Radon is a naturally-occurring radioactive gas that can cause lung cancer. Radon gas is inert, colorless and odorless. Radon is naturally in the atmosphere in trace amounts. Outdoors, radon disperses rapidly and, generally, is not a health issue. Most radon exposure occurs inside homes. Radon gas becomes trapped indoors after it enters buildings through cracks and other holes in the foundation. Testing is the only way to find out your home's radon levels. If you find that you have high radon levels, there are ways to fix a radon problem. Even very high levels can be reduced to acceptable levels. If the home has not yet been tested, you should have the house tested. We are a radon measurement professional licensed by the State of Minnesota. License #RMEA-00458. We use continuous radon monitoring devices and you will receive a detailed report of the homes radon level at the end of the test.
Water quality testing is a specialized but simple test that checks a home's water supply for contaminants and pollutants, such as coliform bacteria, nitrites/nitrates, and lead. Testing ensures that the home's water is potable and safe for everyday use. We take water samples and deliver them to a certified water analysis lab where the samples are tested and a report is provided within 5-10 days.